3rd – 24th December 2022
WHATTON HOUSE PRESENTS
A YULETIDE TALE
Come with us on a festive journey through myth and mystery –
to unearth the origins of Midwinter Magic.
Children are welcome to come in fancy dress!
Bring appropriate clothing & footwear – the route is outside and potentially walking through the woods/on uneven pathways. If there has been a lot of rain it can get quite muddy, and December nights will be quite cold.
Our event is family friendly, all children are very welcome although we would recommend it more suited to 6yrs and over to understand the story round the trail. Younger children can of course still enjoy the experience. All tickets are the same price however children 18 months and under are free of charge.
You will travel around the trails in a group of 8-12 people. We limit group size to maximise the experience for each member of the party. You can book a party of less than this, however, you will likely be teamed up with other parties to make a group. If you are booking for more than this, we may need to split your group into two or more parties.
We have an exciting new VIP area set within our renovated Glasshouse. Groups of 30-35 can enjoy hospitality packages tailored to their needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Yuletide Trail will take approximately 30 minutes.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your entry time slot. You will not be permitted to join the queue line earlier than your allocated time. If you arrive early please wait until it is your allocated time slot. There will be plenty of hospitality to enjoy while you wait.
You will be placed in a group of maximum 12 for your guided walk to ensure the best experience for all.
Within our opening times you have no restriction on the length of time you can stay with us and we encourage you to stay a while for some food, drink and retelling of your experience to your friends!
Trail paths will be mainly gravelled, with some woodchip or dirt tracks so robust wheelchairs/scooters are essential. There will be no steps. We cannot take responsibility for unsuitable vehicles not being able to get around.
There may strobe lighting effects unfortunately, so this is not recommended for people with epilepsy.
This attraction is family friendly, so provided you are fit and healthy and able to walk for 30 minutes or so you will still be able to enjoy the trail.
Please contact Skiddle on 0333 301 0101 to make your booking for your full price ticket and carer ticket. You will be required to provide proof of carer status on entry to the event.
Strictly no dogs. Access will be denied to all areas of our event if you bring your dog.
Yes! The story is new and the trail route will be different.
Yes absolutely! Hot food and drinks can be purchased in our Courtyard. You do not need a ticket to enter the courtyard to enjoy the hospitality. So those who want to be part of the night out but not venture into the trails can do so.
Yes – as long as you all book the same time slot, you can all go in together provided the group size isn’t more than 12.
Yes, however anyone suspected to be intoxicated will be denied entry without refund – this is for the protection for you and our actors. No food or drinks allowed in the trail.
No – anyone found maliciously touching our actors will be removed and the police may be called.
No – running is strictly prohibited unless an actor directly instructs you too. Guests must keep a chain with one hand on the person in fronts shoulder at all times and walk at a steady pace. This is for your own safety.
This is a sell-out event so booking as early as possible is strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.
1.Above prices include VAT and exclude booking fee which will be calculated at basket
2. A ticket booking secures entry to the event on the date booked. You should arrive at least 15 minutes before your time slot. In very busy periods there may additional waiting time and you may enter the trail later then your time slot.
3. If ticket holders arrive after their booked time slot, reasonable effort to ﬁt them in later if there is space, but usually after ticket holders who have booked for that time-band. If there is not space, we may, at our discretion, offer a time band on a later date but this is not guaranteed.
4. Due to increased security, we may carry out bag searches. No liquids or beverages will be allowed to be brought on site.
5. We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone. Persons will not be admitted if they appear to be under the inﬂuence of alcohol or drugs. No alcohol is to be consumed going around the trail. Equally we reserve the right not to admit, or to ask to leave, anyone displaying aggressive or antagonistic behaviour or not complying with our rules. Persons may not be admitted if wearing any form of temporary cast, medical brace or who are using crutches for safety reasons.
6. Ticket holders will likely experience audio and lighting, low visibility, strobe lights, fog, damp or wet conditions, high and low temperatures and a potentially physically demanding environment in bad weather conditions. Persons should consider whether to participate if pregnant, suffer from claustrophobia or are liable to seizures, heart or respiratory problems.
7. Our event is a family event recommended for adults and children. The recommended age for children is 6 years and over however all members of your family are welcome. If a child or young person appears upset we may ask the parent or guardian to take the child out, and to stay with them. If you leave the experience you will not be refunded and may only be permitted re-entry on the discretion of the event staff.
8. No smoking on site. No alcohol or food to be brought onto the site. There will be food and drink that can be purchased on site.
9. Ticket holders must understand that there is inherent risk involved in attending our event. Holders voluntarily assume all risks and dangers associated with attending our event at Whatton House. In consideration and acceptance of entrance into our event holders agree to release the operator, its principals and employees from any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expense whatsoever that may arise directly or indirectly from attending our event.
10. Once tickets are booked there are no refunds and time slots cannot be changed under any circumstances.
11. Our event will continue whatever the weather. Ticket holders should dress suitably with appropriate footwear for the weather on the night. Ticket holders must keep moving and not occupy covered areas to keep out of the weather and thus interfere with the progress of others.
12. Ticket holders should keep together in the group in which they entered. Members of the group should not race on ahead or lag behind. The group should proceed steadily so as not to merge with group(s) ahead or behind. Our staff may halt groups to separate them out if they are getting too close.
13. Ticket holders must keep to the designated route which is deﬁned by paths, tracks, ﬂares, lights, ropes, barriers & signs. DO NOT climb over or through barriers of any sort.
14. Our event makes use of darkness to create its atmosphere. The ground underfoot may be uneven, so ticket holders should pay attention, take care and watch their step. RUNNING IS PROHIBITED, if you are seen to be running, a member of staff will ask you to leave the experience without refund.
15. DO NOT touch any exhibits, or extinguish or move any ﬂares or lights.
16. DO NOT push, punch, hit, grab, threaten or in any way touch any of the actors/performers. If you violate this rule you will be asked to leave without a refund and the event staff may call the police.
17. Anyone who has entered the trail but feels unable to continue should ask any actor/performer or member of staff for directions to the nearest exit.
18. In the event of an accident, the group should stay where it is and call “Help – Accident!” and wait for a member of staff to attend. Thereafter follow directions given by staff.
19. Tickets must be purchased for all members of your party. Children under 18 months do not require a ticket. Proof of age may be requested on entry.
20. Carer tickets available by contacting Skiddle direct (upon purchase of a full price ticket). Proof of carer status must be provided on entry to the event.
21. By purchasing tickets to our event, you hereby agree to all the above terms and conditions listed on this website.